Keeping you safe, so you can enjoy the day!
Our Covid-19 Guarantee will provide you peace of mind when entering our events. If national lockdown comes into place, the local area changes tier, or the Government rules change again, we will have plenty of options on offer for you, including a full refund of your entry fee (minus the Active processing fee).
Health and safety is always the utmost priority at our events at all times, and this now includes Covid-19 safety and ensuring that your event is secure. We have been one of the few event organisers who have been able to put on an event during the pandemic – whilst these 2 events were small scale, they were entirely Covid-19 secure and the learnings that we have been able to take from successfully running a safe event during these times has been paramount.
Throughout our event planning we will closely follow advice and guidance from key stakeholders including the local Council, Emergency Services, Medical Director, National Governing Bodies and Government legislation and advice. Our Covid-19 trained Event Directors are working to ensure that we take all appropriate steps to ensure the health and safety of everyone involved in our events.
We are aware that the Government and local guidelines can change very rapidly between now and our event so we are planning for ALL levels of guidelines and restrictions to make sure we are compliant with all Covid-19 regulations at a minimum. We will make sure to update this webpage and send further information directly through to our participants 2-3 weeks ahead of the event date, with final updates and details 48 hours before.
Measures include, but are not limited to the following (all subject to change):
- To help manage flow of runners around the race village and for the staggered start times we will allocate you with a pre-designated entrance to gain access to the race village
- Hand sanitiser stations around event village
- Requirement to wear face coverings (unless exempt) whilst travelling around event village
- One- way flows through the event village
- Reduction / prevention of spectators
- Reduction / removal of bag drop facilities
- There may be reduced runner services at the event (for example removal of massages, baggage drop etc)
- Potentially implementing waves with staggered start times / an open gantry policy (this does mean that the starts will take longer than usual, we thank you for your patience)
- Runner guidelines will be issued ahead of the event for reminders of how to stay socially distanced whilst out on the route
- Enhanced hygiene measures at all water stations – with potential to remove these entirely if guidelines / Governing body advice suggests to
- The event will have enhanced medical cover to cater for the most up to date guidance for mass participation events in outdoor spaces
- Your run timing chip is unique to you – from this we are able to see who is on the course at different times. This will assist with NHS Track & Trace details. Please do NOT swap your number or use someone else’s number – this is dangerous at an event in a normal situation (as it means that we don’t have your medical information or emergency contact details), and it is now also going against Track & Trace rules.
- Self-serve style collection of Finisher items such as Finisher tee and your well-earned medal!
Will the event run on the advertised date?
Yes, we still fully expect the event to run on the advertised date (Sunday 5th September) in 2021 – the event has already moved from it’s original April date and we don’t anticipate a further move. Should there be a lockdown / our local area moves into a higher Tier closer to the event, then we will re-evaluate – health and safety is our top priority.
What happens to my money if the event gets cancelled or postponed and I can’t make the new date?
Don’t worry – if our event needs to be postponed or cancelled entirely then we have several options available to you. You will be contacted in advance and all you need to do is let us know your preference so we can action this for you:
- DEFER – You can defer for free to the ABP Southampton event in 2022 or even 2023
- TRANSFER – You can transfer your registration across to one of our other events (in 2021 or 2022) – this includes the Winchester Half Marathon, Winchester Triathlon or Southampton Sporterium
- VIRTUAL – You can transfer your registration to one of our many virtual events AND receive a discount code for the balance that you’ve paid (to be used on future events or in our ReesLeisure shop)
We understand that times are difficult for many at the moment and some other industries have been hit just as hard as the events industry. Therefore, if none of the above options are suitable for you and you would prefer a refund please do let us know by emailing email@example.com.
What if my personal circumstances change and mean I can’t attend the event due to Covid-19?
If you or anyone you have been in contact with (in your household, social bubble or socially distanced meet ups) has been diagnosed with, or is showing symptoms of Covid-19, then please do not attend the event. There are numerous individual scenarios relating to Covid-19 that may affect you on event day including local lockdowns, notification from NHS Track & Trace or self-isolation etc. For this reason, we can’t create a rule for very scenario and ask that if you are unable to attend for individual circumstances (ie. not a local or national lockdown), that you will need to provide us with the relevant proof that you are in self-isolation (e.g. test results or Track & Trace etc). We will be as fair as possible and will make sure there are a variety of options on offer to suit everyone, and still allow us to operate the event.
e wanted to thank our wonderful running community and volunteers – we have had such fantastic support and really appreciate how everyone is pulling together to help us to run a safe and secure event in 2021 – we can’t wait to see you all there on the Start Line!
If you haven’t yet signed up, you can do so here or you Manage your entry below.